MINDEN — The city employee who died Tuesday after being overcome by toxic gas Sunday afternoon while unplugging a clogged sewer lift station was remembered as a good friend and dependable worker.
That’s how Mayor Roger Jones described 55-year-old Robert Honomichl.
“A lot of the employees I know as employees but for whatever reason I’ve gotten to know Bob pretty well and we’ve visited off and on and I certainly consider him not just an employee but a friend,” Jones said this morning. “He’s very quiet and stayed to himself, but he was very dependable — just a hell of a good guy. It’s always the ones you lose who are the good ones.”