Fire destroys Nelson home


Responders from the Nelson Volunteer Fire Department and
Superior Fire Department extinguish a fire at a home in
Nelson Tuesday afternoon.

NELSON — No injuries were reported in the response to a fire that destroyed a house here Tuesday afternoon.

Nelson Fire Chief Bob Byrkit said his department responded to the fire at 215 W. Fifth St. around noon and remained on scene until around 5:30 p.m. The Superior Fire Department provided mutual aid.

"It was damaging; the house was totaled," he said.

The house is two blocks west of Nebraska Highway 14.

Residents Zach and Kerri "Emma" Beale were home at the time of the fire and reported it.

Citing the Nebraska Fire Marshal's office, Byrkit said the cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature. Additional information was unavailable.


To read more, see Wednesday's Hastings Tribune or the Tribune e-edition.>>>


Copyright © 2014