JUNIATA — Two weeks after fire destroyed their home and all their possessions, a Juniata family is trying to restart.
Stephanie Stueck and her two daughters, ages 15 and 2, have found a new place to live in Juniata after they lost their home and everything they owned Nov. 30 when their rented mobile home at 309 W. Ninth St. burned down. Stephanie said she was told the fire started when a coil went out in the furnace, which was installed four years ago.
"We lost everything," she said.
Her 15-year-old daughter, Chauntel, is a freshman at Adams Central High School and went back to school Dec. 5. Stephanie said the doctor told her Chauntel could return to school when she could tolerate the pain.
During a high school basketball game Saturday, the school's student council will lead a fundraiser to assist the family. Adams Central's boys and girls basketball teams host Gibbon beginning at 6 p.m.
The group is asking students, parents and others attending the games to bring household products to help the family recover from the loss. There also will be a split-pot raffle to raise money for the family.