MINDEN — The widow of the Minden city employee who died Aug. 13, 2013, from injuries sustained clearing sewer lines is suing Minden Public Schools.
Robert Honomichl, 55, died after being overcome by toxic gas two days earlier while unplugging a clogged sewer lift station.
Trina Honomichl of Minden filed a negligence claim in Kearney County District Court June 18. The suit claims that school district bus barn employees repeatedly acted negligently and caused her husband's death.
She is asking for compensation for the physical and mental pain her husband suffered; his medical bills, which amounted to $48,856.56; the value of her husband's future earnings had he lived out his natural life expectancy; funeral and burial expenses of $10,337.71; and loss of care, comfort and companionship suffered by Trina, and her four children.
MPS Superintendent Melissa Wheelock and MPS Board of Education members were notified of a similar claim on Dec. 10, 2013, and took no action. That claim was withdrawn June 12, 2014.