Book hunt in 'Jungle' starts Friday
It's about time to let the hunt begin.
Readers on the prowl for fresh reading material are expected to join the hunt at the "Visit Our Jungle" three-day book sale beginning at 5 p.m. Friday at Hastings City Auditorium, 400 N. Hastings Ave.
An estimated 100,000 books of all genres, along with puzzles, CDs, DVDs, and other modes of communicating knowledge will be fair game at the 30th annual sale. About 90 percent of the materials for sale are items donated by locals, with the remaining 10 percent coming from library withdraws.
An estimated 100 volunteers will spend the better part of today transporting books from the library to the auditorium for the sale, said Debbie Holmberg, book sale coordinator.