Faces of Business:Passion for prevention
In his time as a volunteer with the Hastings Reserve Firefighters, Dan Mantas has focused on fire prevention due to the loss of his father.
The 35-year-old owner of Mantas Lawn Service gained a greater appreciation for the benefits of fire safety after his father died of smoke inhalation during a 2009 house fire in Colorado. Fire investigators found that the smoke detectors in the house didn't work.
"My father had neglected to change his batteries," he said. "By the time he figured out what was going on, he had died of smoke inhalation."
To read more, see Saturday's Hastings Tribune or the Tribune e-edition.>>>