High School: Green Mountain High School (Go Rams!)
College and Major: Hastings College, print journalism
Life Before the Tribune: Started my career as a reporter at the Tribune, then took a hiatus to have kids and teach guitar lessons, and now I'm back for more fun!
Favorite color: Whatever's in style for the season.
Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite (workday) drink: Coffee in the morning, Diet Coke in the afternoon
If you won the lottery what would you do? Buy a bigger house!
Do you need glasses to read? Not anymore thanks to my good friend, Lasik
Your Super power?Doing cross-eye tricks (no fault of Lasik).
Grrr: The never-ending pile of mail at home.
Wish from a Genie: A long Hawaiian vacation with my friends and family.
Best thing ever: When your kid does something really great or sweet or smart or loving, and you think, "Wow, that's MY kid!"
Here is my life, in weird-fact form:
• I was born in Jupiter (Florida, that is).
• My parents moved to Colorado sight-unseen to take a teaching job; the house the school secured for them was a converted chicken coop (where's the Internet when you need it?)
• In first grade, I broke both my arms at the same time when I jumped off the monkey bars.
• In middle school I got a perm and it never fell out — I have curly hair to this day.
• Before I met my husband, Brian, every boyfriend before him was named Brian, too.
• I met my forever Brian in the first class on the second day of my college career. He made a late entrance, and I was smitten. I still am.
• My 7-year-old son, Jude, loves Kermit the Frog and '80s music. My 3-year-old daughter, Ruby, REALLY loves feather dusters and REALLY hates stickers. And baby Max, who was Sam for the first day of his life, coos like an old man.
• Spending every day in a newsroom is exceptionally fun — it's fast-paced and exciting. Everyone has a story, and it's great to hear them all.