If the journey towards the national championship wasn’t poetic enough, the ending certainly was.
Drueppel, a senior, the NAIA leader in blocks, clinched the Broncos’ victory with — what else — an ace block.
“I just knew it. I knew it as soon as I went in. I wanted that block and I was going to get that block,” she said. “It’s closure. I love volleyball, but this is the best way to go out I guess.”
Updates from Local Advertisers
- Bill Carlin retires after 41-year career
- Former Hastings resident gets new school named for her service in Lincoln
- College Football Playoff could reportedly decide on future expansion soon
- Being Black in Lincoln: Albert Maxey recalls his days walking the beat
- Hastings woman addresses human trafficking in first novel
- Social Graces: Where should you put your mask when dining at a restaurant?
- AC grad Petr to cap throwing career at nationals
- Childhood dream fuels hobby store
- Hastings' Gretchen Lainson remembered as model of leadership, grace
- Keene's music man brought the world home to community